This means all websites that use Google Analytics (which is pretty much everyone!) will need to be fully set up on the new Google Analytics 4 (GA4), or face issues including:
- Data loss or inconsistencies
- Inaccurate tracking and reporting
- Incomplete event tracking
- Misconfigured audience targeting
- Privacy and compliance issues
- Difficulty in comparing data
- Longer learning curve
Google will allow access to previously processed data on UA for six months to export historical reports before turning off UA.
To avoid these potential issues, we strongly recommend investing time into planning and executing a proper migration from UA to GA4.
Ready to get started? Click here to find out how you can migrate your event websites to GA4.